What is a Computer?
A Computer is an electronic device that manipulates information or data. It can store, retrieve and process data. You can use it for sending email, Watching Movies or Play Games.
Computer is a combination of Software And Hardware
- Hardware is any part of your computer that has a physical structure, like your Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speaker ETC
- Software is any set of instructions that tells the hardware what to do. Some examples of software are web browsers, games, and word processors such as Microsoft Word.
(Do You Know)
The first electronic computer, the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC), was developed in 1946. It took up 1,800 square feet and weighed 30 tons.
Types Of Computers
When most people hear the word “computer” they think of a personal computer such as a desktop or laptop computer. However, computers come in many shapes and sizes, and they perform many different functions in our daily lives.
Many people use desktop computers at work, home, school, or the library. They can be small, medium, or large in style, and usually sit on a desk. Once you add a monitor, mouse, and a keyboard, you have what is typically known as a desktop computer.
The second type of computer that you may be familiar with is a laptop computer, or laptops as they are often referred to. Laptops are battery or AC-powered personal computers that are more portable than desktop computers, allowing you to use them almost anywhere.
Since a laptop is smaller than a desktop, it’s more difficult to access the internal components. That means you may not be able to upgrade them as much as a desktop. However, it’s usually possible to add more RAM or a bigger hard drive.
Other Types Of Computer
Today, there lots of everyday devices that are basically specialized computers, even though we don’t always think of them as computers. Here are a few common examples:
- Tablet Computers: These use a touch-sensitive screen for typing and navigation. Since they don’t require a keyboard or mouse, tablet computers are even more portable than laptops. The iPad is an example of a tablet computer.
- Mobile Phones: Many mobile phones can do a lot of things a computer can do, such as browsing the internet or playing games. These phones are often called smartphones.
PCs and Macs
- PC is short for personal computer or IBM PC. The first personal computer produced by IBM was called the PC, and increasingly the term PC came to mean IBM or IBM-compatible personal computers, to the exclusion of other types of personal computers, such as Macintoshes.
- Mac is computer/laptop developed by Apple Inc. It is called as Macintosh. Macintosh was introduced in 1984, and it was the first widely sold personal computer with a Graphical User Interface, or GUI (pronounced gooey). All Macs are made by one company, Apple Inc., and they almost always use the Mac OS X operating system.
Thats it guys, Thanks For Reading This Post. If You Like My Post Or If feel it beneficial, please subscribe to my newsletter, like me on facebook and follow us on twitter.